follow your heart
Tuesday, April 10, 2007

i've been reading a book titled "Follow Your Heart", by Andrew Matthews.

Ya know, I dont really think motivational books or workshops help, especially the latter, but I've come to the conclusion that there are really good books under the motivational umbrella after all.

This book has many memorable quotes, but let me state the 10 concepts that are the backbone of this wonderful book:

1. We are here to learn lessons, and the world is our teacher.

2. The universe has no favourites.

3. Your life is a perfect reflection of your beliefs.

4. The moment you get to attached to things, people, money ... you screw it up.

5. What you focus on in life expands.

6. Follow your heart!

7. God is never going to come down from a cloud and say, "You now have permission to be successful!"

8. When you fight life, life always wins.

9. How do you love people? Just accept them.

10. Our mission in life is not to change the world - our mission is to change ourselves.

These statements are just so true! None of them contains fallacies. I wish i could pick one or two statements out for discussion, but since they are all so true ...

I mean like WOW?! Life lessons and the reason for us being here, and just everything and absolutely everything can be brought under the umbrella of the 10 concepts.
I'm quite impressed and amazed by the author, he never fails to offer motivating advices and questions that make you think, "Hey, I have been in that situation, and I have thought the way a loser would think. Why didnt I think about the problem or situation from another point of view?"

hahaha.
In short, I'm impressed.

When ever you are feeling down or feeling that the world just fucked you, read the book.

"My life is a series of lessons i need, happening in perfect order."
Healthiest approach, maximum peace of mind.

"Life is like a lottery, but I make the most of what comes along."
Next best option, offers average quality of life.

"Why do bad things always happen to me?"
Guarantees maximum misery and frustration.

Everything happens for a reason.
We get hit by pebbles. Its time to change.
Ignore it.
We get hit by stones. Its time to change.
Ignore it.
We get hit by a sledgehammer.
Thats when we complain how life sucks.


The above life lessons are from the book Follow Your Heart, by Andrew Matthews.


Hope this entry helps.

8:57 PM | Back to top

BIOGRAPHY
My profile
Jermin Chia
Email
Twenty
22 October 1987
Singapore Polytechic
Diploma in Accountancy

Warcraft, Biology, Youtube

ARCHIVES
Reminiscence
» March 2005
» April 2005
» May 2005
» June 2005
» July 2005
» August 2005
» September 2005
» October 2005
» November 2005
» December 2005
» January 2006
» February 2006
» March 2006
» May 2006
» June 2006
» July 2006
» August 2006
» September 2006
» October 2006
» November 2006
» December 2006
» January 2007
» February 2007
» March 2007
» April 2007
» May 2007
» June 2007
» July 2007
» August 2007
» September 2007
» October 2007
» November 2007
» December 2007
» January 2008
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» April 2009

AFFILATIONS
The Absolute
A: Aqilah April
C: CongX
E: Elaine
F: Fungus
G: GQ
J: Jamal Jessica JonJon Junjie
K: Kelly Kiwi KwokHim
L: Lisa
M: MayMay Mishal
S: Samuel Starry

TAGBOARD
Drop me a note

<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://www.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body> <iframe src="http://www2.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=38702893&amp;blogName=Rachology&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLACK&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Frachology.blogspot.com%2Findex.html&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Frachology.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?blogID=23672230" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0px" marginheight="0px" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0px"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>