I have realised, at the age of 18, many people, including some of my closer friends have began investigating and pursuing something that was once taboo, just a few years back.
No, i am not talking about sex or pre-marital sex here. I am talking something less taboo here, not as serious or interesting as sex. It is one that may or may not lead to sex. That is, boy girl relationship a.k.a girlfriend/boyfriend or in local terms your 'stead'.
What is it that people long for that can be found in a girlfriend? Please do not get offended by me. I am just taking a guy's point of view.
Well, I believe the reason would be simple - companionship.
Most of my friends that I know more often than not, use this as a point to defend their finding of their girlfriends. Well, i do not rebuke that companionship is indeed needed. Their girlfriends could give them moral support, support their decisions, go through their ups and downs and in other words, be a part of their lives.
However, girls with these personalities are few and far inbetween and to some extend and exaggeration, to find a needle in a haysack.
Why my sexist remarks? Am i an anti-female male who enjoys putting no value to my fellow Homo sapien counterpart? Fortunately or sadly, depending on if u agree with me or not, i am NOT an anti-female male. Infact, i embrace females for all the things in life they have to do when they are in the working world. But now, ladies in the teenage years, think again.
I have second-hand experience of relationships gone wrong. Teenage girls wheeping for no apparent reason. Threat of suicide. Threat of ending a relationship. Teenage girls blaming their boyfriend of almost anything. Teenage girls who think that just because they have some looks act like they are the queen or somewhere along that hierarchy.
COME ON MAN!!
I have recently seen a scene that fully supports my stand. It was at a bustop. There was this girl, must be no older than 15 or 16. She had make-up on. Heavy make up. I was thinking that she must really be something, given her fashion sense.
Then, I saw the horror side of her. She opened her mouth and managed to spew out a string of vulgarities that caught me by surprise. I knew that these vulgarities existed, but not to the extend where by each vulgarity is so beautiful linked up to each other such that it becomes a whole new word itself with lots of syllabus.
Following which, she asked a guy to hold something or do something for her, which i am sure that was done very reluctantly. I pitied that guy for being a slave of such girls. You think its bad? Think again. As i found out later, she was actually the girlfriend of my secondary school mate. The guy that she was 'bullying' was not even related at all, except for the fact that yes, they may be friends.
After the so called sexist remarks, i shall proceed on to pen down my thoughts about my own gender. The male Homo sapien.
Basically, there are two types of friends that i know. I shall not name who.
The first type would be those who successfully jio-ed (hitched) a girl after trying hard and those who no matter what they do, cannot seem to get one. (i think i belong to the second genre :S)
Friends who hitched a girl successfully tend to be very attentive to their needs, conforming and accomodating to their every demand. This is a good thing, of course.
But, there are always 2 side to things.
By being so accomodating, the guy ends up being a person who exist just to please their princesses i should say. He becomes devoided of feelings, in other sense, robotic. Unless girls just want someone whom they can command, otherwise i do not see how they can commit themselves to their partners.
Next, are guys who seem to live for 1 reason. Their modus operandi: to get a girl. It is as though it is their only goal in life. However, more often than not, they do not succeed in doing so either because they are not daring enough to take the first move, or simply they are not a girl's person. After which, they will keep harping on girls and whatsnot that could bore me to death. I mean since its not fated to be, why even bother? What is so bad about singlehood?
I am currently 18 years old. I have never had a girlfriend or been in any sort of relationship entanglement. Yet, i am happy about it. No commitments, no early henpecking early in my life, no controlling by her, no pleasing her through monetary gifts. Yes, i am sure those singles out there who are proud of their status get the idea.
Allow me to continue where i left off. As i was saying, guys that who want girls for the sake of wanting to boast and to have them. After they get the girls, they lose the interest in girls, giving her the cold shoulder. After which, they might lose interest in guys and become attracted to people of the same sex as them. I am not making this up. I have information regarding girls turning lesbian. In case you are wondering, i am not insulting them or discriminating against them. Just full of pitiness for them, having been the end product of a relationship that leads to nothing.
Nevertheless, there have been people who are happy about their new status; as being attached. Both partners are committed to each other, willing to share each others joy and sorrow, supporting each other no matter what they do, giving them privacy and not being glued to their partners, allowing mistakes etc. But the most important element is that they accept that nobody is perfect and should never be, since its only human to err.
P.S. I think i might have offended friends and people who read my posting. Please don't feel insulted or something. I am just writing my 2 cents worth.
