Study week
Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Just had my test yesterday. It was ITAB, Information Technology Applications in Business, and was tested on Microsoft access. For those who don't know about this program, its a database product where buy you key in information and we learn about the ways to extract information out etc.

Its pretty lame but what to do? I guess all of us are forced to learn things that we do not like, do we? Luckily for me or my class, the final exam is easy :D! I am certain that I can pass, or even maybe with some luck, I can get a B!
Pretty good grade I guess, considering I am always half asleep during his lessons!

Alright, fast forward to today. Well.. had MOB (management and organisational behaviour) revision tutorial and a test . The test was to write an argumentative essay which I loathed at first but gradually, I began to like it especially after the setting up of this blog!

Strange but true. I HAVE STARTED TO LIKE MOB! Even I myself, is shocked at this fact.
Can you imagine that the teacher I used to dislike actually teaches me MOB now!! Her way of teaching is just so interesting! She loves to quote examples and relates them to things that we are so familiar with, like a classroom situation for example.
Probably the reason why I disliked her last time was due to the fact that she was taking us for CD (character development) which is a TOTALLY lame module. I totally regretted speaking bad of her with my friends. She even tried to make the subject interesting, which worked for me!
I was like, how could I ever have hated this teacher? I felt like slapping myself during today's revision tutorial and still feel like slapping myself now.

Alright, time to move on to the Critical Reasoning Skills test. Seems a very chim module but its actually just reading and writing of argumentative essay. Doesn't sound very challenging, does it?



There were three topics to be chosen.
Pre-marital sex.
Online dating.
AMD (Assertive Medical Directive) Not too sure if the first word is correct.

All of my friends who know me would of course strike the top prize by guessing that I chose the topic on pre-marital sex. Not only does it interest me, I guessed that I could write alot on that topic, which I surely did!

Anyway, I must have shocked my friends for my stand that I took in that essay - anti pre-marital sex. I was a bit notorious during my secondary school days for being a horny bastard, which to this day I still handle the label with pride. Wahaha bet my poly friends didn't know it.

I mentioned 4 points in my essay:
Spread of diseases
Unwanted pregnancy
Morality
(dang I forgot this one)

Damn. I wished I could take an extreme stand and say that its totally harmful. But however, for the sake of the test, I had to take a partial stand which was that I agree to a large extend. Guess wat was the counter arguement.

C'mon! Given up already?


Guess guess!!


Ok I shall tell you. It is that pre-marital sex can strengthen bonds between couples... not that they have any to begin with. So yes, it is VERY lame -_-..

After I handed up the rest, I was given another pleasant surprise! I actually got 84 for the discussion session on abortion. This is actually 20% of my entire module grade! Wow! Wow! Wow! Considering the fact that my group found the information at the very last minute, I think its a very remarkable achievement! Yea but then again, I got about 1/2 the marks for my class particpation during the discussion so my advise to y'all would be to OPEN YOUR MOUTH DURING CLASS! It can certainly give you free extra marks, without having to study like shit and get back borderline grades :S

Seems like life isn't really fair right? :) I was given the lousy side of life and now I am given the better side. Looks like overall it is still fair right? :):):)

How time passes. It is already 10.50 pm and well I guess its time to slack on my bed and think about life. Nah! Not so philosophical. Probably just lie on the bed and enjoy the aircon. Probably.

9:43 PM | Back to top

BIOGRAPHY
My profile
Jermin Chia
Email
Twenty
22 October 1987
Singapore Polytechic
Diploma in Accountancy

Warcraft, Biology, Youtube

ARCHIVES
Reminiscence
» March 2005
» April 2005
» May 2005
» June 2005
» July 2005
» August 2005
» September 2005
» October 2005
» November 2005
» December 2005
» January 2006
» February 2006
» March 2006
» May 2006
» June 2006
» July 2006
» August 2006
» September 2006
» October 2006
» November 2006
» December 2006
» January 2007
» February 2007
» March 2007
» April 2007
» May 2007
» June 2007
» July 2007
» August 2007
» September 2007
» October 2007
» November 2007
» December 2007
» January 2008
» February 2008
» March 2008
» April 2008
» May 2008
» June 2008
» July 2008
» September 2008
» October 2008
» April 2009

AFFILATIONS
The Absolute
A: Aqilah April
C: CongX
E: Elaine
F: Fungus
G: GQ
J: Jamal Jessica JonJon Junjie
K: Kelly Kiwi KwokHim
L: Lisa
M: MayMay Mishal
S: Samuel Starry

TAGBOARD
Drop me a note

<!-- --><!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(http://www.blogger.com/css/navbar/classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body> <iframe src="http://www2.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID=38702893&amp;blogName=Rachology&amp;publishMode=PUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT&amp;navbarType=BLACK&amp;layoutType=CLASSIC&amp;homepageUrl=http%3A%2F%2Frachology.blogspot.com%2Findex.html&amp;searchRoot=http%3A%2F%2Frachology.blogspot.com%2Fsearch" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div> <iframe src="http://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?blogID=23672230" height="30px" width="100%" marginwidth="0px" marginheight="0px" scrolling="no" id="navbar-iframe" frameborder="0px"></iframe> <div id="space-for-ie"></div>